OK stupid question....has anyone had any major panic attacks??? I want to know if anyone else is like me?! I haven't slept in 2days....my body is sore from being tense.

I just moved from SC to TX husbands in the army and had a miscarriage all within a month to 2 month period....someone let me know if they have experience this! I have read all about it online. I have went to the ER before and called an ambulance all just to find out thats what it is....I just want to hear some other woman's stories please. Also get some tips/ options on cures...I have a 5yr old a husband that will be deploying in Nov....I need to be here 100% for them!

ArmyWife2Reid

Asked by ArmyWife2Reid at 7:23 AM on Jul. 6, 2009 in Health

• i know hwo you feel
    you should see if your dr can do soemthing for you
    i have to take sleep aids when i get that way or ill be up for almost a week before just passing out lol
    i hope you feel better
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 7:33 AM on Jul. 6, 2009

• There are many things you can do but it sounds like you really need to see a doctor for some immediate relief through medication. I've had panic attacks for 30 years and the greatest relief from them is when I take my clonazepam. I take a very minor dose, .25 mg 2x daily, enough to have many great days and only a few days a month where I feel tense. I've also had therapy, mainly to enable me to recognize the thoughts that get me worked up into a panic attack and how to counteract the thoughts.
    Panic attacks are your body's way of reacting to a PERCEIVED threat, that's why it's important to recognize the thoughts that you're having. Our bodies are made to react in a flight/fight response and shoots out adrenaline. We start breathing faster (hyperventilating which causes dizziness), we hyperfocus (super sensitive to sounds) and we just feel the NEED to move.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 7:53 AM on Jul. 6, 2009

• (cont.)
    Many times if I just put a piece of gum or a mint in my mouth it will "distract" my body enough for me to take some deep breaths and relax.
    Learning relaxation techniques will also help you. When you force your body to relax, you are taking control. Deep breathing, close your eyes, voluntary muscle tightening/relaxing, and getting control of your thoughts will help immensely. Remember that you are NOT dying, although it feels that way, and that in just a few minutes the feelings will pass. Like I said, I've had them for 30 years now and I've never died or passed out. They're more annoying than anything.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 7:56 AM on Jul. 6, 2009

• i feel for ya honey. i went through a total melt down recently because of a miscarraige i had and i just couldnt handle it. what you need to do is just keep yourself busy. if you start to feel tense just sit down take a breather. dont let anything get to you. if that dont help then get up and do something to keep busy. if you have to go see a doctor and tell them what you are feeling and see if you can get some meds to help. i hope you get better soon if you just need to talk ill listen!
    nattysmommie

Answer by nattysmommie at 11:32 AM on Jul. 6, 2009

• Go to your library and check out No More Panic by Claire Weeks. It is mind opening and will help you so much, without altering your body chemistry.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:36 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• I have no idea on what you are feeling but I hope you get better soon..and I am so sorry about your miscarriage.
    Irma82

Answer by Irma82 at 12:23 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• i suffered a miscarriage in Feb of this yr in Korea. a mth and a half before i came back to the states. It took me a while to sleep again, i kept waking up crying and feeling like i couldnt breathe. i would do the dishes or wash clothes in the middle of the nite so i could distract myself. i took it really hard. anyways, it took a while to get back to my normal self. i started eating and ended up gaining weight. so now im walking everyday on my treadmill and taking advantage of the weather by going to the pool. it was really hard for me cause i didnt have my family with me. but i know that enjoying my son and husband before he deploys is most important to me. the best advise i can give u is calling military onesource and they can give u a place to take to a counselor or pyschologist. it was really helpful. i still wake up at night jumpy and breathing hard, but its not as bad as before. good luck hun.
    prBarbie

Answer by prBarbie at 2:41 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• well thanks to all of you...I called the military ask a nurse she said I should go to the ER cuz of my chest pain...they did a ekg of course everything was normal. So they did give me some Adivan (for anxiety) yesterday...I feel better, strange thing I started my period this morning! Soooo I believe it's all hormonal! I have a real doc app. Mon. So hopefully I can get something n get my hormones checked. Thanks to all again.
    ArmyWife2Reid

Answer by ArmyWife2Reid at 8:58 PM on Jul. 7, 2009