"...because of who he is and his rhetoric..."

This is the reason Powell gave for endorsing Obama,recently he is criticizing Obama for spending too much.
My question is, how was Colin Powell duped by Obama so well he endorsed him, and after 120 days he is now speaking out against the very man he supported publicly?
I think, this is the most obvious case of an Obama voter, voting for Obama, and not knowing WHY they did.
I think even Colin Powell was mesmerized by the media frenzy, he had no idea who he voted for. He voted for the black man that talked alot.
Prior to the election, Obama SAID he was a spender, Why is Powell surprised and complaining about Obama doing exactly what he said he would do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:17 AM on Jul. 6, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Gee Powell who'd of thunk it?? Hmm some of us common folks knew
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 9:57 AM on Jul. 6, 2009

• He said he wanted to spend some money, he didn't say he wanted to spend THIS much. I voted for Obama, I like Obama, and I'm not happy about the spending.

It is possible to critisize someone for something and support and like them.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 8:33 AM on Jul. 6, 2009

• Are you going to ask the same question every day?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:41 AM on Jul. 6, 2009

• Powell got blinded like everyone else. He was also probably thrilled about a non-white candidate and somehow lost his reasoning. Now reality is slapping him in the face, and he's like "oh YEAH!--That's why I as a black man was a republican for so many years. I remember now!" Duh, duh, duh.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:45 AM on Jul. 6, 2009

• And by the way, that wasn't all he said about him. I watched it when he announced his support for Obama.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 8:51 AM on Jul. 6, 2009

• "He has energized a lot of people in America," said Powell. "He has energized a lot of people around the world. And so I think he is worth listening to and seeing what he stands for."
    Here's another stupid reason the brainwashed gave for endorsing him. Clearly, Powell bought into the rhetoric and had no idea what he was doing.
    Elvis and MJ energized alot of people around the world, would that idiot vote for either of them to run the country? Powell did publicly, by endorsing the rock star without knowing WHY.
    Powell was wrong and now he KNOWS what the fool he endorsed stands for. SOCIALISM.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:00 AM on Jul. 6, 2009

• anon:oo
    Your reply is pretty "idiotic" ! Look up why Powell endorsed him. So , you are OK, Palin being treated like rock star by her followers?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:06 AM on Jul. 6, 2009

• I voted for Obama, I like Obama, and I'm not happy about the spending.

This is what I don't understand about Obama supporters. How can you be "happy" with our President, yet be "unhappy" with the decisions he's made?

It's like saying I love the man who consistently disappoints me!!

Maybe it's just me, but when someone disappoints me in a MAJOR way (lying, cheating, stealing, etc.), I can dismiss them permanently in the blink of an eye...you know the whole "fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me" concept.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 9:08 AM on Jul. 6, 2009

• I did look it up, and found no substantial reason for his endorsement, other than him being awestruck at the potential history to be made. And that was it, he jumped on the bandwagon so he could be on TV for a couple days.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:08 AM on Jul. 6, 2009

• They like the fool, and they don't know why. They are brainwashed and are incognizant of the fact. Bahhhh Bahhhhh

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:10 AM on Jul. 6, 2009