Is anyone a medical transcriptionist from home?

I just recently completed the medical transcription program and am trying to find a job, but everyone wants medical transcription experience. Do you know of any companies that take entry level transcriptionists?

tannersmomkw08

Asked by tannersmomkw08 at 8:51 AM on Jul. 6, 2009 in Money & Work

• Unless you went to Career Step..nope. Thats the great thing about Career Step, they have connections with employers that waive the 2 years experience minimum for thier students. In fact placement starts taking place a few months into the course.

IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 10:47 AM on Jul. 6, 2009

• There are some I found that start you as an apprentice online, but you have to have a certificate. I went through PCDI and if you keep at it it's quick and easy, but I hated it. The materials were outdated and I couldn't even get anyone on the phone who spoke enough english to help me. Some of the tapes they sent didn't work and I couldn't graduate because I didn't have those 2 transcripts in. Other than that I got perfect scores. No woder it costs soo little.
    tcarter1981

Answer by tcarter1981 at 12:53 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• The placement office at the school that you attended should be able to help you.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:35 PM on Jul. 6, 2009