yeast infection 3 times in less than 2 month, is this normal?

ok so I am 18 weeks pregnant and i keep getting these yeast infections. I had 3 in less than 2 month, to be honest ill get the treatment and be cleared and the next week I have it again. I don't think this is normal and it's extremely uncomfortable. I feel yucky and iam having these bad rashes. It's so embarrassing but I do not know why i keep getting them. any suggestions?

dw2840

Asked by dw2840 at 9:07 AM on Jul. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• It's not uncommon to have yeast infections when you're pregnant. Your normal vaginal secretions can alter pH when you're growing a baby. Some dietary things, stay away from sugar! Eat good organic yogurt with lots of cultures in it. Some treatments: put some yogurt on a maxi pad and wear that for a little while each day when the rash is bad. Don't leave it for too long without changing it. Here's a weird one that really does work. Take a clove of garlic and wrap it with some gauze so it looks kind of like a tampon, put a little vaseline on it and use it as a suppository. Change it every 4-6 hours for a week or so. Also, find yourself a midwife who can help you with these things. It's important to get it cleared up.
    EmKirk

Answer by EmKirk at 9:29 AM on Jul. 6, 2009

• I got them alot with my son! Vagisil makes medicated to go wipes!
    Mrs.Bryant1201

Answer by Mrs.Bryant1201 at 10:47 AM on Jul. 6, 2009

• eat yogurt and see a dr, maybe the otc stuff isnt enough.
    jbirchard

Answer by jbirchard at 6:42 PM on Jul. 7, 2009