to those who went to nursing school

right now i am working as a CNA but it is back breaking and the girls i work with are petty and seem more like 5th graders. admin has offered to pay for me to become an LPN or an RN....sounds like an easy way out that i may like to take. but with a home, daughter, husband, pets and full time job i just dont see how i would have the time or energy.
when you went to nursing school did class and homework take up all of your time? also, how were your kids affected by this? i know someone who went and she said her kids ate spaghettio's and cereal for 2 years...i dont want that to happen. i want to further my career and i have the opportunity right now but i dont want my family to suffer because of it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:30 AM on Jul. 6, 2009 in Money & Work

• if they will pay you to go and you have childcare for odd hours-GO
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 10:54 AM on Jul. 6, 2009

• It won't be easy but if you have a husband willing to help your kids will be fine.
    Anonymous

• I worked with a few ladies who went to nursing school and they both ended up taking a leave of absense from their jobs for the last little bit of school because it was it was so demanding.
    Anonymous

• Don't turn down a free education; this is WAY too important to your futures.

Answer by rkoloms at 4:35 PM on Jul. 6, 2009