How do I find a happy medium between me being pregnant and hanging out with my partying friends?

I went to a friends house last night and realized Im the youngest of my friends and Im about to be a mom. Im only 19 I should be our partying and going to the lake with my friends but instead Im at Birthing Classes and reading pregnancy books! I dont want to stop hanging out with them just because they drink. Im not saying that I will be a bad mother but now that Im pregnant, there just seems to be more important things in my life other than getting drunk and going to parties. So here is my question, how do I balance being pregnant but still having fun with my partying friends? (PLEASE no bashing I am really not in the mood lol Oh and please dont call me a bad mom because Im 19 thanks!)

Alysia_Moore

Asked by Alysia_Moore at 10:06 AM on Jul. 6, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Your life is about to change dear. Its time to not worry about your friends and worry about yourself and the baby. You may need to try and make new friends that is entering the same place you are or that are already there. I'm 20. I had my son when I was 18. Its a drastic change, but luckily my friends were never into the party scene. But it was still strange from going from being able to hang out all night and go do things to wanting to be in bed by 10. Good luck!
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 10:14 AM on Jul. 6, 2009

• yea im 22 with two beautiful girls. i ahd my 1st at 18 and2nd at 21. i dont hang out with any of my friends my age because all they do is party. so my friends are 28 and older with kids. it kind of stinks because im not  relateable to them but im definitely not realateable to my age group. i think you can still hang out with them going out to movies and dinners. i really found out who my real friends were after having a kid. good luck.

whitenena

Answer by whitenena at 10:11 AM on Jul. 6, 2009

• why is it a problem?
    i mean no offence you had sex
    so then no you shouldnt still go out partying
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:12 AM on Jul. 6, 2009

• You're being a great pregnant mom NOT getting drunk, partying going to the lake with your friends mommy. GOOD FOR YOU for being responsible to your unborn baby. You'd be in a troublesome position heading bad if you did that at age 19 or any age. Not doing that stuff especially at age 19 helps set you for better finances and better health for your baby and you too.

Let your friends know your around for dinner at home, their houses, movies with no drinking. Have them each all bring a food product to cook not drink and eat at your place. I think when they drink whether its day at lake or nights partying its' important to be then away from them.

Set up separate days to be with them. Two days after they party, or three before they party. That way you're still with them but your responsibilities are not compromised by them.

Blessings your way mama! Congratulations!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:13 AM on Jul. 6, 2009

• UGH! Stupid anon 10:12! I didnt get pregnant from partying and drinking and I dont plan on drinking!
    Alysia_Moore

Answer by Alysia_Moore at 10:20 AM on Jul. 6, 2009

• I am a mom to 2 lil boys and I'm 18...I had my first at 15 and my second at 17 so I've never really gotten to party but all the people I hung out with before my first ended up not wanting to hang out anymore cuz I always had to bring a baby with me so I found some friends who had kids too...Then I got prego again and they thought that was bad so they stopped hanging out with me too lol.....Now my youngest friend is 20 almost 21 but she has two kids also, the rest of my friends are 24+ Just focus on you and your baby your friends will stay or go
    ladyraven16

Answer by ladyraven16 at 10:22 AM on Jul. 6, 2009

• thats not what i ment
    no need to be a B
    i ment you got pregnant
    YOU are gonna be a mom so then no you should not go out and party anymore end of problem
    no need beign a freakin B
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:33 AM on Jul. 6, 2009

• It's just a part of life and becoming an adult. Your friends can either understand and do things with you that don't include partying, or you can find new friends that have more in common now with you. I didn't get pregnant until I was 24, but I still had the same problem. My friends still wanted to party and I didn't/couldn't, so I found new "grown up" friends. Even if my new friends didn't have kids yet, they were still more fun to be around. But maybe I was just ready to move on in life and my old friends weren't.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:39 AM on Jul. 6, 2009

• When you're a young mother you have to decide which is more important.. Partying or raising your child. It is really hard to have both (Yes it's possible to do it but it usually involves someone else partially raising your child while you're out partying). Unfortunately this is part of the deal when you get pregnant early on. You eventually feel like you are missing out on alot of things and yes, there are quite a few things you will miss out on but that's what you chose when you chose to have sex and get pregnant young.

(and yes I can say this because I had my son at 17)
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 10:42 AM on Jul. 6, 2009

• You can still hang out with your friends, and if they are real friends then they wont mind that you dont want to party all night. You can go to the mall, walk in the park, watch movies, have dinner. there are planty of other things you can do other than party!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:48 AM on Jul. 6, 2009