Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Getting pre approved for a house loan tonight.. question about the taxes.

They asked for the past three years of taxes. We have them except for this past years we filled them out online and didn't print them off. Can we just take the W'2s is that what they really need or do they need a copy of the taxes themselves? Sorry I'm new to all of this.. this may just be the first of many questions.


Asked by amy31308 at 10:07 AM on Jul. 6, 2009 in Money & Work

Level 5 (92 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (5)
  • You should be able to print a copy of your return from the website where you submitted your taxes. It is always a good idea to keep a paper copy of your taxes.

    Answer by rkoloms at 4:27 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

  • I think that would be OK but call to be sure.

    Answer by Anonymous at 10:09 AM on Jul. 6, 2009

  • you should call the real estate agent you are working with to clarify it. we bought our house outright with cash so cant help too much but i would suggest your real estate broker. they will know all the ends and outs

    Answer by Anonymous at 10:09 AM on Jul. 6, 2009

  • We were approved last week. We had the credit preapproval in an hour had our preapproval letter. Once we found the house had to bring in only last years W-2s, two months bank statments and a months worth of current pay stubs. They most likely will accept just the W-2s just call and speak with your mortgage consultant.

    Answer by Anonymous at 12:23 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

  • Go to and you can get a copy of your past returns. They're quick about it, too!

    Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 2:04 PM on Jul. 6, 2009