My Husband and I can't agree on when to start trying for children

We've been in deep discussion about children lately and I feel like every where I go there are babies everywhere! And I mean I nanny for a living so I've seen everything but its like all of these children and my urges to really mother have shot through the roof. We thought we were pregnant back in January and I mean he was excited and happy about it but nervous too we had just gotten married November of 2008 and wanted to be a little more financially sound. I understand where he's coming from but everytime we agree on a date ( like when my birth control is up) and I remind him, he completely whips around and changes his mind...making me feel like I'm the crazy one and I know and remember what we discussed and agreed upon. We also believe that if it were to happen whether I'm on bc or not then thats the way its meant to be and its in Gods hands too. Help when did you finally agree on starting a family!!!!

laurenleblanc

Asked by laurenleblanc at 10:42 AM on Jul. 6, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• When we had a scare...I was a week late and when i started he was visibly upset so he asked me to let nature takes its course and that is what we did. I think he is only agreeing cause he wants to make u happy but he prob isn't ready I would stop bringing it up for a while
    heather.darin

Answer by heather.darin at 10:44 AM on Jul. 6, 2009

• Im in the same boat you are. Although we already have a 15 month old son. I'm ready for another one and have been ready for a year. My husband kept saying wait til the end of the year, then it was the end of the summer, then it was well lets buy a house first. We'll now were in the process of purchasing a home so this is it! Once we have bought a home and are financially stable we will be having another one! lol but men have to be in that place. You want him to WANT one. When he's ready he'll let you know. Its hard being patient, especially being on Cafemom lol but it will be well worth the wait.
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 11:07 AM on Jul. 6, 2009

• Thanks, its just been really confusing, he's 26 and I'm 22 and we're in the middle of remodeling our home so I can see where he is in that respect...but what makes me frustrated is when he gives me "his" reasons he wants to wait, its what other people (guys) have told him and not his true feelings, that is what really upsets me. Is that I can't get an honest answer out of him. I guess I'll just have to keep waiting and praying for an answer. Thanks!
    laurenleblanc

Answer by laurenleblanc at 11:24 AM on Jul. 6, 2009

• I went through that with my husband as well. The unfortuante part at any point they can change their mind of when to start a family. There's just the right time when you both have really good communtication and understanding of one another. Most men don't want to have babies right away, they need a little more time then women to be open to the idea. You're still very young the both of you. My husband I met at the ages you are now. I'm now 27 and he's 31 and we're starting a family. There's just no point in pressuring your husband, he will come around, give him some time. Good luck to you!
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 11:33 AM on Jul. 6, 2009