President Obama and President Medvedev strike a deal, what do you think?

President Barack Obama and Russian President Dmitry Medvedev struck a preliminary deal Monday to reduce their stockpiles of nuclear warheads to as few as 1,500 each, pointing the two countries' arsenals toward lower levels than in any previous arms control agreement

They also agreed to allow the US to use their air space , which save us $130 Million a year in our war with Afghanastan

sweet-a-kins

Asked by sweet-a-kins at 11:22 AM on Jul. 6, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090706/ap_on_re_eu/obama
    sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 11:29 AM on Jul. 6, 2009

• THAT'S AWESOME!!!!!

Have they drafted a letter to North Korea to inform Kim Jong Il--that we are even WEAKER as a country....and to go ahead and just TRY and attack us?! Because we are armed (with BB Guns) and dangerous! ugh!

Gird your loins, folks!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:41 AM on Jul. 6, 2009

• I don't trust Putin or Medevev. This could possibly bite us in the rear, with Russia simply hiding their lode, while we actually reduce ours.

I don't know. I'm a lot better educated in economics than foreign policy, so I could be way off base. I guess we'll have to see. If it works as planned it could be good thing. My gut just doesn't trust either of the Russian leaders.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:48 AM on Jul. 6, 2009

I believe the truth be told, we don't know how many they really have and they dont really know how many we really have. BUT it is a POSITIVE step in weapons proliferation and our relationship with Russia. Also, them allowing our military to use their air space is HUGE...

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 12:00 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• So, did Obama go ahead and give them the perfect date to drop a nuke on us, or is he just waiting for North Korea to beat them to the punch?
    lvpenguino

Answer by lvpenguino at 12:00 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• No, he got them to allow us the use of their air space in our war with Afghanastan as well as advanced talks for our missile defense shield in Europe
    sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 12:06 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• well the nukes things is all words...on both sides. im sure they are just as wary of us lying as we are of them. we arent the perfect, always truthful angels some of you act like we are haha. but im not worried about Russia, if they wanted to attack us, they would have by now. their countries economy is doing much worse than ours.

but them letting us use their air space is HUGE! not only will it save money, but its a good faith gesture on Russia's part.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 12:13 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• but them letting us use their air space is HUGE! not only will it save money, but its a good faith gesture on Russia's part.

Exactly!!
    sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 12:16 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• Why ask if you only want your opinion? You posted this to blow Obama, and have had some reply to every person that has said something not celebrating your main man.

Good heavens, my answer was an attempt at humorously pointing out that the nuclear threat at hand is N. Korea, not Russia. As far as saving $130 million a year, it's like losing a hundred dollar bill and finding a penny. It hardly offsets his current spending or makes me forget how he promised during the campaign to save the millions a day we are spending in Iraq.

Not debating the air space thing, but I agree that in the big picture, this hardly helps our image with Kim-bo, whose just sitting there with his finger on the buttion.
    lvpenguino

Answer by lvpenguino at 12:28 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• Nobody takes not of another countries allowance of the use of airspace? Saudi Arabia granted that to Isreal. Big implications there.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 12:33 PM on Jul. 6, 2009