Have you had a mole removed?

I have had this mole on my face for as long as I can remember, since I was a toddler or very young child and I am finally having it removed next week. I'm SO excited because I've always hated it being on my face! I was just wondering what it will look like after it is removed. Will there be a scar? How noticible will this be? I am nervous and excited at the same time! Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:27 AM on Jul. 6, 2009 in Health

• Who's doing it? Plastic surgeon? I had a mole on my arm removed by my dermatologist & it left a flat, little scar - it's unnoticeable on my arm, but I think if it were on my face I would notice it a little (not much, just a little). But I think a plastic surgeon would be able to do even better. Good luck!
    jj.mominmd

Answer by jj.mominmd at 11:30 AM on Jul. 6, 2009

• i had a mole on my way upper inner thigh removed while the rd wwas sewing me up from having my sin... it was larger than a pencil eraser and had bothered me my whole life... so i fidgured might as well ask if he could do it while he had the supplies!! it left a flat scar, but then again he jsut sliced it off,i wasnt worried about scars down there! id say if a plastic surgon or a high grade dermotologist is doing it and it is on your face they will try their hardest to get minimual scraring
    2cuteboysrmine

Answer by 2cuteboysrmine at 11:33 AM on Jul. 6, 2009

• I've not had it done but Good for you for nurturing yourself. For what my opinions worth I do support jj.mominmd about a plastic surgeon for your face. Or at least consult with one to compare their opinions. Best Wishes for the new you!!! Nurture yourself yeah!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:34 AM on Jul. 6, 2009

• I have one removed on my hand. I think you will always be able to see it.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 11:36 AM on Jul. 6, 2009

• I had a small mole removed from under my arm..it was done right in the office. My Dr. injected it with some numbing stuff, used some surgercal clamps,pulled on it until it was kinda like a tent (thats what he called it,lol) and just cut it off! I was suprised at how quick it went and it didnt hurt at all.I had to keep a bandage on it for like a day.It stung a little for a day or two afterward but nothing horrible. I have no scar, I couldn't even tell you exactly where it was at anymore.Good Luck! I'm excited for you! I know what it feels like to want something to get done for so long and then for it to finally be happening. :)
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 11:36 AM on Jul. 6, 2009

• I've had 2 removed one above my left boob and the other below it. Mine turned into keloids so I get really sharp pains in the site where they were removed. If you pm me I can send you a picture

aubrees_mommie

Answer by aubrees_mommie at 1:36 PM on Jul. 6, 2009