what is the best way to get my 20 month old son intrested in using the pot??

we just got him a pot and we have had it a week and a half he has only used it twice and even after he gets up he will wet his pull up in like 10-20 sec someone please help me out tired of changin diapers !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

armywifeNmom513

Asked by armywifeNmom513 at 11:28 AM on Jul. 6, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• throw a yummy in the pot (small) and if son potties he gets two, if he sits on potty he gets one special yummy. My kids weren't trained til almost three so to me 20 months seems rushing it. Not a complaint just a comparison. I know some moms want earlier potty training for day care ease.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:31 AM on Jul. 6, 2009

• Don't push it! Most children show interest when they are ready! I have stopped mentioning the potty and my daughter seems to find it more appealing now! She goes back and forth between liking it and not caring about it but I let her decide when it's time to use it! Good Luck! This has been the hardest thing about having a kid so far.
    lucysmomrocks

Answer by lucysmomrocks at 11:33 AM on Jul. 6, 2009

• Why would you want your 20 month old child using POT?
    Anonymous

• 20 months old is pretty early, especially for a boy as well. If he is showing signs of resistence, I would wait. He obviously isn't ready yet. I think it would be different if he was 3 or so, but since he isn't even 2 yet, I wouldn't push it quite yet.
    flounder92

Answer by flounder92 at 12:22 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• i want my 20 month old child using the pot because I DO and im not gonna be one of those moms who had to change a 6 years old diaper my child is ready to use the pot but i was askin for ways to get him more interested or to keep in interested so just keep postin your comments anonymously and until you can post them and show your face dont put anything else up here thank you
    armywifeNmom513

Answer by armywifeNmom513 at 1:17 AM on Jul. 7, 2009