FYI-FOR ALL MOMS WITH BOYS WHEN SWIMMING DID YOU KNOW

the netting can irritate their privates, my son had a little red dot, I thought it was a little scratch AND IT WAS, after we got out of the pool a few hours later, it was a bubble like red dot, my cousin informed me that the netting was irritating him(which was odd, he is 5 and it never happen before) and cut it out, so, I did he swam the rest of the night and the next day.

Just thought all you moms would like to know, I would have been to the doctors today , if I was not told.

KFree907

Asked by KFree907 at 11:49 AM on Jul. 6, 2009 in General Parenting

• My sons have sensory issues and do not like the feel of the netting- so they wear underwear under the swimsuit. Works out quite well.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 11:52 AM on Jul. 6, 2009

• This probably sounds like a stupid question but what is the purpose of the netting anyway?
    CinderAmethyst

Answer by CinderAmethyst at 11:55 AM on Jul. 6, 2009

• I think just hold them.
    Anonymous

• The only stupid questions here are the ones not asked.
    Anonymous

• Thank you for posting this. My sons have both been having this problem, and I've been thinking it was the chlorine or something in our pool, and I have been going crazy trying to fix it. I'm going to try this and see if it makes any difference. Thank you!
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 12:16 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• Hmmm...I have sons with sensory issues and sensitive skin. Guess we're lucky because they've had no problems.
    Anonymous

• despite the netting both my husband and son wear underwear to avoid having issues.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 12:43 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• I DON'T THINK IT APPLYS TO ALL NETTING, BECAUSE AS I SAID MY SON IS NOW 5 AND IT JUST STARTED.
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 1:10 PM on Jul. 8, 2009