Christians?

What do you do when you get out of church do you go about your own business? Or as soon as you get out of church you try and help someone in need?

hinson7169

Asked by hinson7169 at 11:51 AM on Jul. 6, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I go to my hotel but our service is not a 1 hr worship 20 min sermon and time to go kind of thing
    we worship as long as the Holy Spirit leads... preaching is up to 45 -1 hr long , ministery time afterward but sometimes God MOVES that other things happen such and prophecy and so forth.
    After ministry we fellowship with each other . Church gathering is from 6 pm to 11:59 pm on a Sat night.
    Sometimes we go to IHOP's for food and fellowship.. some people do not get home until 2 am . Its a FUN church.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 2:29 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• Well, I guess I go about my own business. Sunday has really become our Family-Day because of my hubby's work schedule. We tend to relax at home and do low-key things, just spend quality time together as a family.
    whittear

Answer by whittear at 11:54 AM on Jul. 6, 2009

• Well I feel everyday we should help someone if the oppertunity comes by. Not just a Sunday thing. But Sunday is our family day to. Sometimes I get a little selfish on our family day because thats our only day together but I try not to.
    whitenena

Answer by whitenena at 12:18 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• I help people in need whenever the opportunity arises. It does not require a special day for me and is something that I specifically seek to do just because it is Sunday or a church day. The Bible says if others ask, we should help.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 12:22 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• I dont really see Sunday as THE day to go out and help people. I try to help people every day. Even if it's just praying for someone I know that's having a rough time in life. Hubby and I own our own business, and we help people however we can. We have an auto repair business, and there's a lot of people who can't afford to fix their cars but need them to get to and from work. With the state of the economy lately, we've been doing a lot of payment plans, when our policy used to demand $$ when the car gets picked up. Sometimes just telling the people in your life how much they mean to you and how much you appreciate them makes an impact.
    mmmommy0207

Answer by mmmommy0207 at 1:38 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• Sunday is usually family day after church since we do stuff Mon - Sat. If there's a fellowship and we've been invited depending upon how tired we are..we'll go there. We always are takin someone home though from after church.
    SparklingHope

Answer by SparklingHope at 2:10 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• We usually come home and have lunch together and family time. We also find time to discuss the church sermon, ask questions and such. Our church does offer volunteer work and my son has signed up.
    army_wife2000

Answer by army_wife2000 at 3:21 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• were to keep the sabbath day holy so we either watch church movies or spend time with family.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 6:10 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• My sister -in-law goes to a congregation that is pretty small. After services they go downtown to go feed the hungry! There are many opportunities during the week that I know many of them have to help others, but as a group, they go down together on Sundays before they go to their individual homes.

My father says he is led by the Spirit each day as to what to do, which includes Sundays. He said that one Sunday, there was a visitor at his congregation. He and my step-mother took him out for dinner. He believes to this day that they had an angel in their presence. After the dinner, he requested for them to drop him off at the bus station.

Sometimes, we linger for a while after service to fellowhip.In the fellowshipping, God will show us by talking with others that they may be in need of something. It could be a smile. It could be to just encourage them. It could be a hug.

lynnsl

Answer by lynnsl at 11:54 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• cont.
    My brother goes to a congregation that is so loving and caring that even before their service began, his pastor called him to inquire what had happened to him the day before. My brother was still in the bed. HIs pastor encouraged him to get up and come to worship service.

lynnsl

Answer by lynnsl at 11:59 PM on Jul. 6, 2009