Does anyone else feel like a bad mom?

Okay so this one is going to be a bit of a pitty party. I have a son who is 12 months and sometimes I feel like a crap mom, like I'm not connected enough and then I really worry that because of this we will not have a good relationship when he is older and that he will have a hard time in his adult life. Some mornings I wake up and I just don't want to get him or make him breakfast... keep in mind I always do and I have talked to other mom's that say they can be the same way, but I don't know maybe I am worrying too much. Also I am less than a month away from having my 2nd child and I was excited about it and now I feel like I'm not, I feel anxious. I just want to be a good mom and have happy children. Sometimes actually a lot of the time I feel like my SO has more of a connection and is a better parent than I am.

thenewmum

Asked by thenewmum at 11:59 AM on Jul. 6, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You are a great mom! Don't let lil things get you down. You are also preg you said, so your hormones are prob going crazy right now...You take care of your lil one and thats what matters the most. Not everyday do I feel like I am connected to my son, but I know he still loves me because I am his mommy and I take care of him. Your lo loves you no matter what. And as they get older they will go through phases so don't let that get you down either. Hang in there hun...and congrats on your soon to be new lil one. :)
    Anonymous

• just in how you feel tells us you are a good mom. Sometimes we just get tired and don't want to do things. It's normal. Kids just want to be fed and loved. Give them that and they will be very happy

Answer by admckenzie at 12:36 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• it's normal just force yourself to do those things even on a bad day. It's very important you have YOU time as well, either a movie out with some friends or even alone, or an hour to yourself with a bubble bath a glass of wine and some music.
    Willywonka06

Answer by Willywonka06 at 12:59 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• thank you! you all are wonderful... I needed the lift.
    thenewmum

Answer by thenewmum at 1:40 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• Most of us feel this way sometimes and I know that I always feel like I should be doing more. I get upset with myself for not reading to him enough, not playing with him enough, and then there's the guilt I feel for looking forward to nap and bedtime, lol. I am a full-time mom and sometimes I just want to sit on my butt and hang out on Cafemom for an hour and let my son entertain himself. My mom tells me it's better for my son to play alone sometimes.

You sound like a very normal mom and just because you don't feel like doing something, doesn't make you a bad mom because you are meeting his needs and you do love him.
    DeTora_Family

Answer by DeTora_Family at 1:45 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• I feel the same way! Don't let it make you feel like a bad mom. Sometimes we lack motivation, and that's normal. Try to get some time away, where it's just you and relax! :D
    NewMommasWorld

Answer by NewMommasWorld at 5:50 PM on Jul. 7, 2009