What are some meals I can make to freeze for the week?

I work 8 hours a day and don't like to spend the little time I have with my kids cooking. I would like to make several dishes on a Sunday that I can freeze and heat up during the week but I have no idea what to fix! Any ideas would be appreciated!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:01 PM on Jul. 6, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Other tips are to cook brown rice on the weekends for quick stir-fries; cook pasta at night and refrigerater for the next day's meal.
    Feel free to contact me for recipes:
    lentil sloppy joes
    mexican lasagna
    pot pie
    burritoes
    stews, soups, chilis
    shephard pie
    zucchini lasagna
    tortilla and black bean pie

Answer by rkoloms at 7:32 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• Excellent idea.

Spaghetti sauce. Then all you have to do is cook the pasta.
    Chili freezes well.
    Hamburgs also freeze well, I've recently discovered.
    Soups.

Answer by Bmat at 12:04 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• lasagna, I make a few in smaller casserole dishes. (I have picked up alot of glass dishes at garage sales or consignment shops so the food it ready to pop in the oven).

I also work and love the crockpot. I put all the ingredients in it at night after dd is in bed. I put ceramic part in the fridge and leave the warming part on the counter. When Im running out the door I see it sitting out and pop in the ceramic part and turn it on. Love roast in crock pot, whole chicken, stews, stroganoff, meatballs...lots of good recipes in a crockpot group on here.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 12:20 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• In addition to BMAT...chicken and rice cassarole freezes well, lasagna, spaghetti,BBQ chicken, ribs-chicken,beef or pork all freeze well. Try freezing in single serving containers if you have older kids. They are much more likely to grab something that is quick to pop in the microwave than a large family portion container.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 12:24 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• Thank you for the suggestions ladies!
    Anonymous

• Lasagna, spaghetti sauce, meatballs (make them & bake them off the freeze them-thaw them in the fridge and when you get home simmer them for 20 minutes in the sauce of your choice-gravy, spaghetti sauce, sweet & sour sauce, bbq sauce, etc), any casserole that does not have potatoes or dairy products (like cream of soup) in it (potatoes do not freeze well), shredded bbq beef, pork or chicken (add a little extra sauce). I brown ground beef and freeze in meal size packages then thaw while I'm at work so when I get home, I just add taco or sloppy joe seasonings & dinner is ready in 10 minutes.
    bocamom62

Answer by bocamom62 at 4:52 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• I have a great Taco Soup recipe and an Enchilada Casserole recipe, both of them freeze great. PM me if you want them

Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 7:02 PM on Jul. 6, 2009