mierna

im schedule too get this toomarow.. tell me everything.. i need to know. can i have sex tonight? tell me everything . how long did it take when they inserted in u does it take a few min or what so i will know how long the process takes

ashley_nick30

Asked by ashley_nick30 at 12:04 PM on Jul. 6, 2009 in Health

• I hated the mirena it hurt to have it in than it got stuck and i couldn't get it out. And when I did I never used it again.

Anonymous

• I HATED mine too because it caused all sorts of awful side effects that aren't listed. Once it was removed I was back top normal within 2 weeks, that was after giving my body a whole year to "adjust" to it. But since you're getting yours...it doesn't take long. It's not supposed to hurt past some mild cramping but my cervix is tilted and dips back so it took a little longer to get it positioned right and it hurt. Once it was in it was fine. Do not have sex tonight unless you use a condom, my doc suggested we wait a few days after it was in to have sex as well...but that wasn't an issue because I bled for over 6 weeks after it was inserted so there wasn't much sex going on for a while. Good luck with yours.
    Anonymous

• I have the Mirena IUD and love it. There are horror stories about everything. You have to go with your gut.
    I like the Mirena because now a year after it was inserted I get Very light periods...just some light spotting for three or four days, whereas before I had heavy cycles that lasted seven full days.
    I also like that there is NO thinking about contraceptives before we have sex. We used condoms for 10 years. Ugh! We could never be spontaneous.
    I have not had any of the scary things they tell you about in the pamphlets. And those things are pretty rare.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 12:23 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• how longdoes it take when ur at the doc to do it
    ashley_nick30

Answer by ashley_nick30 at 12:31 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• It took approx 30+ minutes when I got mine inserted. What took the longest was when they "sound" the uterus. It is how they measure it to see where exactly to place the IUD. Take some Advil before you go. Good Luck!
    KlousMomi

Answer by KlousMomi at 2:02 PM on Jul. 6, 2009