what age should you start washing your daughters face with "real" face wash? And what product would you use??? thanks!

cojerseygirl

Asked by cojerseygirl at 12:06 PM on Jul. 6, 2009 in General Parenting

• I had my kids washing their faces at puberty and I had them use really mild soaps like nutrogenia, wihtout fragrances.
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 12:18 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• Face wash? What's wrong with soap? The same stuff you use on your body.
    Anonymous

• Soap is VERY hard on facial skin. Alot of the body washes have harsh chemicals and fragrances that can be hell on puberty ridden skin
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 12:21 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• Puberty, when they start getting greasy and gross. I would use a mild foaming cleanser at first like for sensitive skin, then if they do start getting pimples use St. Ives scrub or clean & clear it works great for me.
    OwensMama824

Answer by OwensMama824 at 12:23 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• When mine starts to get the oily skin of the teen years and starts to wear makeup, I'll get her a special facial cleaner. Until then, soap is soap.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:29 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• I always used Neutrogena glycerine soap. (brown bar) I had acne as a teen and it was what I was told to use on my face. I had my kids use it and still use it now. It's a mild soap and my dr approves. My dr also recommends Dove. I don't use that but thought I'd pass on the information

Answer by admckenzie at 12:53 PM on Jul. 6, 2009