have you ever considered divorce because of in-laws?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:11 PM on Jul. 6, 2009 in Relationships

• No, why would I let someone else ruin MY marriage. I would , however, be very pissed off if my husband did NOT defend me to his parents, THAT is a problem within the marriage and has nothing to do with inlaws
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 12:15 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• No,but I've considered it because of the step kids,LOL.For real.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 12:15 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• no. I had enough reasons to consider divorce just bc my x was an ass without bringing in laws in to the matter

Answer by admckenzie at 12:47 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• Yes, actually i have. My MIL is a hateful person and she hasn't said one nice thing to me. She went as far as asking people on another chat site telling people how much she hated the fact that i was married to her son. I have tried to be nice i have tried to make her like and it's never gonna happen.
    mandic

Answer by mandic at 2:30 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• My MIL absolutely despises me, and has from day 1 (seriously, day 1, first time I met her, she told my husband he should never see me again.) She has been a pain since then. She throws fits every Mother's Day, at our wedding and every planning stage of the wedding, she even threw a fit after she dropped my baby on his head and I had the nerve to get upset. I have the kids so I don't think I would leave him for that (because once you have kids, you really can't completely cut them out anyway) but if I could go back in time, knowing now what I know (that she will never change- it's been 10 years) I would have saved myself the headache and gone on to the next guy.
    Anonymous

• No because if I hated them and they hated me I probably would not have gotten far enough in a relationship with him for him to end up being my husband.
    Chrissy629

Answer by Chrissy629 at 9:33 AM on Jul. 7, 2009