How Come?? Who really should be given Custody??

How come a woman can go get an abortion with NO questions asked by the clinic about who the father is, where is he, does he give consent, and etc.....

Yet the second that baby is born, long lost daddy, who couldn't have given a f**** during the pregnancy, didn't want the kid all thru the pregnancy, and refused to help pay any sort of bills related to the baby, can now come around demanding a paternity test to prove he's the daddy as well as demanding half custody?!?!?

If she was about to have an abortion but ended up not, shouldn't he be written of as father right then and there, esp. if her now husband was the one to say NO and save the child's life and pay for all it's bills, he should just be named daddy!

SouthernRoses

Asked by SouthernRoses at 12:17 PM on Jul. 6, 2009 in Relationships

• It is not about YOU or an Abortion..

It is what is in the best interest of the child, AFTER the child is born...
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 12:21 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• The best interest of a child is never served well by a lowlife, 'walk away Joe " deadbeat. I don't care if he is 16 or 60. They want to be there for the conception and then show up to take a few pictures for their Mom every few years and nothing in between. B.S.!
    Anonymous

• I agree w Dannee
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 12:29 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• My sons dad was freaked out when I found out I was pregnant. He walked away. I was furious but hoped by the time my child was born he would change his mine. He did he was there the day I delivered. We are not together but he is co parenting the child we created with me. We have joint custody. I put my childs best interests out there instead of my own. My husband and I met while I was pregnant he was there for me and helped me. He is a fantastic stepdad to my son and great father to our children. He encouraged me to give my sons father a chance he loved my son enough to realize my son needed to know his father. I married him he is a real man. My sons father screwed up we all make mistakes when our son was here he did man up has never missed paying child support and is never late in picking our child up. My son loves going to his dads spends one more day with him a week than me during the summer and loves it.
    Anonymous

• My advice would be to consider the child first and, actually, to avoid this kind of situation, get married first,then have children.
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 12:39 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• I found this question a bit confusing because it's all over the place. But for one, when a woman has an abortion it's her body, that's why the father doesn't need to be there to consent on anything. It's a woman's choice, it's her body, end of story. But after the child is born, it is different. It's for the well-being of the child AFTER they are born.
    Karleyy

Answer by Karleyy at 12:41 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• I've never known an abortion clinic to not take into consideration the bio father. I've known women who had to take the bio dad and he had to sign off on it before they'd do it. Maybe each area is different. Bio dads do have rights, sorry but it's true. Just refuse the paternity test. If you are married put the husband on the b. cert and see if that's enough. It would cost the bio dad a lot of money to hire a lawyer and pursue it. Even if he got the court to force you to do the dna test, he'd have to pay about $500 for the test out of his pocket plus court costs and legal fees AND 18 yrs of child support. If he did succeed I'd send him the medical bills hubby paid too.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:46 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• admickenzie you answer IMO is horrible...

Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 12:52 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• are you in a relationship or were you with this guy?

Sounds like maybe you made this situation for yourself and you should be more careful who you sleep with. You picked the guy now deal with it!! Now you have a child and you have to do what is best for it.
    Anonymous

This answer is horrible. But, typical cut throat sh*t from a parent who doesn't put the child first!
    Anonymous