Can you still be pregnant if you have a light period?

I had a very light period a couple of weeks ago and that was abnormal for me. My cycle is crazy, so honestly I don't know when to expect my next period. My husband and I have been having unprotected sex, I have been off the pill since May. I have some other symptoms, but those could also be due to pms. I'm wondering, and any info would be helpful. I tried a home pregnancy test right before the light period and it was negative, have not tried since. What to ya'll think?

CajunCullen

Asked by CajunCullen at 12:39 PM on Jul. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I think you just asked the same question that I have!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Only I was umm 3 weeks late, then I spotted (or was it my period??) and then I tested again yesterday and it looks like it might be positive- or not. Ha! It's one of those very very faint lines.

Anyway yes you could be pregnant, and yes it is possible to spot during pregnancy. The spotting is usually normal- but I'd test again, and if it comes up positive call your doctor to make sure everything is looking fine.

GOOD LUCK!
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 12:43 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• I had a little spotting when I was pregnant. It was like a week late, brown sticky and little pink-ish sometimes. It lasted 2 days and was VERY light.
    Anonymous

• i would re test spotting is normal during early pregnancy so re test and let us all no the outcome and wheat did the light spotting look like and how long did it last?
    Anonymous

• you can get implantation bleeding in early pregnancy and some women dont completely stop their periods their whole pregnancy...and to erica there are no false positives faint lines are still positive chances are your pregnant
    Anonymous

• Thank ya'll for the answers. I've been thinking I need to retest. Does anyone know if the accuracy of home tests is affected by your weight? I'm very plus sized and I thought I remember a long time ago one of the makers for home tests came out with one for plus size women. Just wondering. Thanks again, I'll let ya'll know how it turns out!
    CajunCullen

Answer by CajunCullen at 1:16 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• YES! I had 2 at the begining of this pregnancy
    luvbnmomnwife

Answer by luvbnmomnwife at 1:22 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• no it's not affected by your weight. HPT's measure the level of HCG hormones that are in your pee. The farther along you are the more hormones and the more clearly the test will say preggo. However there are other complications the CAN come from being overweight, but then sometimes its nothing and you have a very healthy pregnancy.
    2murphyboys

Answer by 2murphyboys at 1:24 PM on Jul. 6, 2009