Why do they say "hidden CDC data found" linking vaccines & autism?

WASHINGTON, DC – A newly published study in the Journal of the Neurological Sciences,[1][1] the official journal of the World Federation of Neurology,[2][2] links mercury from the Thimerosal in vaccines with autism and other neurodevelopmental disorders.

This study represents six years worth of effort by independent researchers to gain access to hidden US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) data in the Vaccine Safety Datalink (VSD). In 2003, the Government Reform Committee of the US House of Representatives asserted, "(a)ccess by independent researchers to the Vaccine Safety Datalink database is needed for independent replication and validation of CDC studies regarding exposure of infants to mercury-containing vaccines and autism." from 2008

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:46 PM on Jul. 6, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I would suggest reading the actual study, and not a press release or news story (as indicated by the dateline). I just finished reading the study and found a few things not mentioned in the news article.

They used as an example the amounts of Thimerosol in flu vaccines "recommended for infants." Flu vaccines are not recommended for infants.

The study mentioned no used of "hidden" data. They used data from the Vaccine Safety Database that HMOs report to.

Finally, I'll leave you with this quote from the findings of the study:

"Despite the findings from the present study indicating that the Hg additive, Thimerosal, was
    associated in some children with significant adverse outcomes,children should still continue to receive routine childhood vaccines."
    lvpenguino

Answer by lvpenguino at 1:54 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• because they need someone to blame for THIER own kids!
    Anonymous

• Anon are you also an idiot in real life?
    Anonymous

• That is why I demand Single-dose vaccines for my kids. If the doc. office is out of them, I wait until they get a shipment and make an appt for that day.

thundernlight

Answer by thundernlight at 1:09 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

You know what? Screw you. We did not do anything to make our kids this way and anything we can do to try to stop this is from happening to other children is a good thing.
    Anonymous

• Autism is not the reason to not want vaccinations. I do think it has some affect on some children maybe triggers something already there. The toxins in the vaccinations are bad for us. We have a high rate of asthma, childhood onset diabetes, many other illness kids just didn't get when I was a kid. We had vaccinations back then only about 9-10 not then nearly 40 they put in a child by age 6 now. Get them if you like but for my family we will avoid toxins as much as possible. We have no allergies and we are all healthy so what we do works for us. The risk of the vaccinations seems a bigger risk than the things we vaccinate for.
    Anonymous

• confused"Despite the findings from the present study indicating that the Hg additive, Thimerosal, was associated in some children with significant adverse outcomes,children should still continue to receive routine childhood vaccines."

Anonymous

• We dose one vaccine at a time. It's worth the extra copay.

I thoroughly believe (and my doc flat out said) that vaccines are not tested together, and are safe alone, it's the cocktails of 6 to 8 shots at a time that you should be leary of.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 2:02 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• There is no way they can prove the link since none of these babies are being tested for mercury poisoning.

Did you know that laboratories will not provide a heavy metal toxicity test.
    Parents have to us lab from France to know if their kids have elevated levels of toxins. Crazy or what?

Anonymous

• it's the cocktails of 6 to 8 shots at a time that you should be leary of.

My husband and I were ready to ask to our ped to give the vaccines one at the time. When it was time my husband hesitate but I did tell the pediatrician to give my son only one vaccine in each visit the dr said OK i was so relieve.

You don't know how nervous I was trying to figure out how tell our doctor that we needed him to only give on shot. My son is 1 year and had only shots.
    Anonymous