new habit hes formed..dunno how to fix it

My 2 year old son has started this thing all of a sudden that when he is eating, on a random bite he won't swallow. He will sit there forever with whatever it is in his mouth. He will drool show it to you and laugh. I can't figure out where he's came up with this and I have no idea how to get him to stop. Any help.

angeleyes0306

Asked by angeleyes0306 at 12:47 PM on Jul. 6, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My niece started doing this when she was two years old. Unfortunately, she is now four and still does it. She will hold food in her mouth for the longest time (sometimes up to 30 minutes). It is very gross and my sister has tried many things to try to get her to stop but nothing works. Now we just hope she'll grow out of it eventually.
    sillyt

Answer by sillyt at 1:11 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• My first thought is to just ignore it! It obviously gets a reaction out of you and that's probably why he does it. My sister came to visit this past weekend and my son was doing something gross. I think he was spitting or drooling on purpose (20 months old). My sis made a big deal out of it and he kept doing it.

Next time he pulls it, don't even look his way. I don't know if you have other kids older than he is, but you could compliment them and say they are eating nice or......even put on an act and talk to you hubby and say wow daddy you eat so nice with your mouth closed etc etc....all the while ignoring any bad behavior from your son.
    Nika75

Answer by Nika75 at 1:21 PM on Jul. 6, 2009