is that stimming movement?

My bb is 11 months ols today......and i noticed that sometimes when he wants to fall sleep (most of the time after meals and when he is in his highchair) he starts moving his head (like saying no) and them falls sleep....is that normal? or a stimming movement that i have to stay worrying about it?...thank you so much...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:47 PM on Jul. 6, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It's normal. Most kids especially babies develop some sort of motion that soothes them and helps them fall asleep. My son will play with his hair. Sometimes these motions stay with you for life. Adults even do this. Sometimes when I'm very sleepy but can't sleep, I'll stick my foot off the bed and start bouncing it. I dont even realize most of the time that I"m doing it. My hubby will tell me to stop shaking the bed! LOL!

I used to work with handicapped kids and have seen a lot of stimming. What your little guy is doing sounds completely normal. What you want to worry about is when they are fully awake and do something over and over like hit thier head or something like that.
    Nika75

Answer by Nika75 at 1:12 PM on Jul. 6, 2009