Baby rash

My baby got a rash all over her head and neck this weekend, she is 6 weeks old, I think it is a rash from a combination of heat and allergy to different perfumes and laundry detergents people who held her had on. Any ideas on how to get rid of it or at least ease it up some until it has time to go away? Cool water seems to help it some, the redness goes away for awhile, her face is looking better but the rest of her head is looking pretty bad still.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:52 PM on Jul. 6, 2009 in General Parenting

• my son always seemed to have a rash when he was about 3 months old.... it was allergies, heat rashes, and a change in baby wash that caused it. If you feel it is something that you could have prevented you are wrong... I started using a product call Aquaphor! It evened out his complexion, eased the itchiness, and prevented an other irritation from external sources. I nursed him, and he was allergic to some of the foods I was eating... his allergic reaction was a rash. Aquaphor is safe to use on her entire body! Good luck!!

Tashia07

Answer by Tashia07 at 1:00 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• aquaphor is great. I use it for everything from teething rashes to diaper rash. ALso ask the doc but maybe a hydrocortisone cream would help.
    Anonymous