Is this normal?

Im 16 weeks pregnant. When I move I feel like i have an irritating bladder infection. You know that annoyance that wont go away when you have one? Well its like that, But it doesnt bother me to pee, and its not all the time only in certain positions. Is it just the baby getting bigger and laying on my bladder? or do you think it is a bladder infection?

Also... How far along are pregnant women when they have enough pressure to cause hemroids? Ive been constipated since day one so i strain to make myself go. Ive used every single fiber substance i could find and it wont help. Now my butt is irritated. I dont know if I strained to hard and maybe have a cut or if Im getting a hemroid?? Im not even sure what a hemroid is but i know its itchy and annoying like mine is right now. What do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:54 PM on Jul. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Pressure won't cause hemmroids, pushing and straining will. What kind of prenatals are you taking. The ones they sell over the counter do not have a stool softener in them. Call your doctor they can prescribe certain things. Same for the bladder thing if it was an infection it would most likely hurt when you peed.
    Jillybeans24

Answer by Jillybeans24 at 12:58 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• As for issue number one, I had no symptoms other than trouble starting to pee and frequency and had a bladder infection, I am 31 weeks pregnant and the baby is really big at this point so he is causing me to have trouble emptying my bladder. I threw up and was incredibly sick which is what tipped me off. Call your doctor and ask a nurse if you're concerned. Make sure to drink lots of water and cranberry juice will help also.

As for issue number 2, thats what it probably is. When you call dr for issue number 1 ask if you can do anything to help with hemroid discomfort.

Hang in there!

ArmyWife9-2-08

Answer by ArmyWife9-2-08 at 1:01 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• you probably have a uti alot of pregnant women get them just make sure your doc test for it..and i think you can get hemmroids at any point but more likely around 7 months
    Anonymous

• as for your first question, yes your baby COULD just be sitting on your bladder but I would get checked out, UTI's are all to commen during pregnancy and can cause major problems up to and including fetal death. OB's do not toy with UTI's most likely they will put you on an antibiotic just to be on the safe side. As for question number to, hemmroids are also common and can start at any point in pregnancy, it doenst have much to do with pressure (at16 weeks you shouldnt even feel pressure down there) that doesnt start until baby starts to drop, however they are caused by having hard BMs. My advice to you is to get gliserin sapositories, they will not harm you or the baby and it will make it MUCH easier to poop!
    OR try colace with your regular prenatles.
    Prenatle vitimins make your stool harder, so you should always take a stool softner combo with them.
    CON'T
    judith_visco

Answer by judith_visco at 2:25 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• sounds like your hemroids arent bad yet, but get them in check before they do get bad, because they can really be a pain in the butt!!! LOL
    judith_visco

Answer by judith_visco at 2:26 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• I'm not too sure about #1 could be a uti. I'd just ask the doctor their opinion. But boy do I know about #2. I have always had problems with constipation and hemmeroids. Now that I am pregnant, they are ten times worse. I am always straining and thats what pops out a hemmeroid (which is what it sounds like you have). If the stool is too hard, it could cause a crack or slice that could bleed every time you go. This is a fissure. My doctor put me on Miralax twice a day with a stool softener. It seems to be working a little better. They key is to make sure you take it every time your suppose to. This is so your body can get use to it. If you take it for a little while and then stop, it could go right back to the problem again. For now, I would get yourself a sitz bath and soak in it every day. It will ease the irritation alot. Try to stick to high fiber foods as well.
    Anonymous

• Your going to want to stick to all of this because trust me, if you let the problem go on, the complications get worse. I am not trying to scare you, just help you. I let it go on for too long and ended up having to completely remove 2 hemmeroids and a steroid cream for the fissure. You don't sound like you let it get as far as I did. Good for you! Talk to your doctor and see what you can start taking right away.
    Anonymous