What should I get my baby for his 1 yr old birthday?

I have some things in mind and just trying to look around on Target and Babies r us website to see what out there. I'm just curious what others would say for a present for a 1 yr old boy.

MinnieMouse8

Asked by MinnieMouse8 at 1:15 PM on Jul. 6, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I got my daughter the "Alphabet Train" from Target. Its awesome.

But (and this may sound kinda bad) we didn't get her anything big until AFTER her party, cause we didn't know what other people were getting her. We waited to see what she still needed.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 1:21 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• A cake with the most ridclous blue or green icing and just let him go to town. lol Are you having a big party for him??? If you do he will probably get spoiled so much by your family, and trust me he isn't going to know who bought him what. Just buy him a couple small things and stick some money in his college fund. He'll appreciate that alot more when he gets older!!!!!!
    Jillybeans24

Answer by Jillybeans24 at 1:24 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• Now I feel dumb b/c I've spend over $300 for presents and $100 for a cake
    Anonymous

• I saved a toy from his baby shower and gave it to him on his birthday. He didn't know the difference and I was able to save money.
    YzmaRocks

Answer by YzmaRocks at 1:27 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• Oh yeah, and I did the same for his Christmas present, lol.
    YzmaRocks

• Im with the PP thasaid the alphabet train, AWESOME toy! My daughter loves it and you put the blocks in the top and they shoot out the bottom. Also maybe the laugh and learn home playset is fun too ( my DD just turned one and my parents got her that)... umm... a ball popper, they push the button and the balls pop out the top and go back down... a swing.... there is tons of stuff.
    Anonymous

• I requested toddler toys for my daughter (I too waited until after her b-day to get her anything. I got her potty chair and potty books). Puzzles, books, push toys/ride on, potty chair to help your child get used to the idea, clothing, blocks. My daughter loves the blocks, puzzles and books.
    Anonymous