have you ever heard of this?!

a girl at my church has a 3mo baby and she gives her 7up/water to get rid of hiccups??

EthansMommy5

Asked by EthansMommy5 at 1:34 PM on Jul. 6, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Nope never heard of such a thing. I guess if it works though & shes only putting a very sm amount in the water to help w/ them its ok. My DD had hiccups all the time wish I had known a way to get rid of them.
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 1:35 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• That sounds like a great remedy for an older child or an adult, but I would never give a three-month-old anything except breast milk or formula. Soda has nasty, scary chemicals in it. I really don't care how small the amount is, I wouldn't do it.  Hiccups go away in time and they've never seemed to bother my babies.

DeTora_Family

Answer by DeTora_Family at 1:47 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• that's a horrible thing to do to a tiny baby.
    jcsmummy

Answer by jcsmummy at 2:38 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• I've not heard of that one. But if the hiccups bother the baby and it works for her, I really don't have a problem with it. But then, I had one of those rare babies that HATED hiccups and I tried everything I could think of to get rid of them to stop her hysterical screaming and thrashing. For me, Gripe Water worked.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 2:47 PM on Jul. 6, 2009