I dont want to hurt his feelings.....

My Dad & I had a falling out & didnt speak for 5 yrs. We reconnected recently & he had saved a bunch of toys from when I was a kid. He likes to give us these toys whenever we visit for my DD to play w/. Some of the stuff is in good shape but most of it isnt. We seem to keep getting stuck w/ these toys that no longer work, have stickers, r broken, rusted, etc. but he thinks r still good. I just have been taking them back home w/ me cleaning up the things that r good & tossing the others into the barn in the throw away pile. My SO tells me that I need to start telling him no b/c its getting out of conrol the amount of stuff he wants us to take. I kinda feel guilty at the thought of telling him no, hes just trying to be nice. My ? is how should I go about saying no or do u think I should just keep taking the stuff & take care of it myself? I dont want to hurt his feelings. Thanks

Mel30248

Asked by Mel30248 at 1:34 PM on Jul. 6, 2009 in Relationships

• grandpaIf it was me, I would just keep taking the stuff and do with it what you will at your home... I wish my mom had saved some stuff when I was a kid....I am lucky if I have a baby pic.. (I am one of 5) I too would not want to hurt his feelings... good luck..

Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 2:21 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• maybe you can ask him to keep the toys there when you visit so the kids have stuff to play with. Also mention that your house it getting out of control with toys, that you would actually liek ot get rid of toys, not add toys.
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 1:43 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• Yeah I wouldn't want to hurt his feelings either, he thinks he's doing a good thing. I'd just take the toys and do whatever you need to with them.
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 2:25 PM on Jul. 6, 2009