Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does anyone know...

Where I could find a website that would be truly helpful in answering my question. My son is 3.5 and for the past 3.5 years I've had a court order for visitation with his father that states "visitation for said child will be agreed upon by parties". My son's father is diagnosed with bi-polar, does not take his medication on a regular basis, has been abusive to me and my son in the past, and has attempted suicide which landed him in the psych ward for 7 days. He recently filed a motion to amend the visitation so he gets my son every wednesday, every other weekend, every other holiday, and I meet him half way. (he recently moved over an hour away) There's no way I agree to this, the man hasn't been around to see his son since before christmas. My question is when this goes to court is he really going to get what he wants? I want things to stay the way they are, he's not dependable and I work I don't want to sit...continued

Answer Question

Asked by ba13ygrl1987 at 1:40 PM on Jul. 6, 2009 in General Parenting

Level 19 (7,805 Credits)
Answers (2)
  • around missing work because he has a court approved day to show up and doesn't. So if anyone has real knowledge in this situation I'd love to hear it, or if anyone knows of any websites that'd be helpful, I'm really concerned the judge is going to change our current visitation order and I don't want that to happen

    Answer by ba13ygrl1987 at 1:41 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

  • if he has not seen your son since before christmas and has not made any atempt to do so then i dont see the visitation changing. If they know that he was abusive to you and your son then they should make it to where it would have to be supervised. either by you or child services and you can also request this.I know a bit about this but never went through it myself. I used to work in a law office (no im not a lawyer) But i got to learn alot about this things. It would be best for you to talk to your lawyer. People on here unless they know for sure will just confuse you even more and get you worrying. But to my knowelge i dont see that happening. Good luck and hope things work out for the best.

    Answer by Shelii at 1:53 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.