34 weeks and...

I am 34 weeks today and was wondering why I find it so diffcult to catch a freaking breath? My nose so clogged and my throat feels like there is mucus in it and I still feel like my lungs are being crushed!! I am sick and tired of feeling like this I heard and have been reading that the baby shgould be off of my lungs by now and lower in the pelvis area!!!! What can I do to catch a breath? I am going to slow but surely lose my mind!!!!! HELP!!!

bennysmommy816

Asked by bennysmommy816 at 1:46 PM on Jul. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• your baby may not have dropped yet, which means he is still kicking and pushing on your lungs. I would call your OB, they might prescribe an inhaler. I don't think it will do much thou if baby is up by your rib cage, for my first pregnancy he didn't drop until 37 weeks, now with my second he is SO LOW and its only 34 weeks now. I slept in a recliner for my first pregnancy from week 30 until I went into labor, it made it easier to breath. You still got a while to go mama, so get used to it, and try sleeping up right, I no its uncomfortable but baby needs oxygen!

judith_visco

Answer by judith_visco at 2:32 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• I had a lot of trouble with a stuffy nose during my entire second pregnancy. It has something to do with the extra volume of blood in your body, and it's effect on your mucus membranes. I used to use those Breathe Right strips all the time. And as for the lung crushing, it'll be a few more weeks before your baby drops, in fact, it might not drop until the day you give birth. If you feel like it's just the baby, then all I can say is, keep up the good work, and don't forget to ask for lots of help. If you feel your legs burning and your heart palpating, you might want to ask your provider about low iron.
    EmKirk

Answer by EmKirk at 3:28 PM on Jul. 6, 2009