mucas plug and bloody show?

I was just wondering if there is a difference. I have been losing my mucas plug slowly for about a week and it has been clear and just like well... mucas and I was talking to my mom today and she said when she had all of us kids hers had some blood in it, now I thought you could lose your mucas plug weeks before delivery but then you would have blood in it or blood show right before labor begins. I am just curious. So is your mucas plug and bloody show the same thing or are they diffeerent.

Abbysmommy321

Asked by Abbysmommy321 at 1:59 PM on Jul. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I never noticed either one for either one of my pregnancies to be honest...I think they're both the same though.
    hermajesty2

Answer by hermajesty2 at 3:12 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• There' different. Mucus plug is self explanatory. But bloody show is a little more complicated. When you start to dilate small capillaries burst and that's what causes the bloody show. It can happen a few weeks before delivery or just a day or two. It may be so small that you don't even notice it. I didn't until my 3rd baby.
    2murphyboys

Answer by 2murphyboys at 3:21 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• I've always thought of bloody show being a more positive sign of close labor than the mucus plug, which you can lose up to weeks before. The blood is what tells you that your cervix is doing it's thing.
    EmKirk

Answer by EmKirk at 3:23 PM on Jul. 6, 2009