4 year old with a broken leg

wow what a crazy 4th of July weekend this was. We have 4 year old Triplets and it seems like our boy is always getting in to crazy situations and of 5 kids he is the one that is ALWAYS in the ER or so it seems.
On the 3rd he was getting out of the bathtub in not a calm way and slipped and cracked his head open and has 12 stiches in his forehead. I joked with my DH about carying our boy on his shoulders at the parade so he could see and he was like that may land us back in the ER
Well at a barbeque that night all the kids were playing and having races via piggyback with the little ones ridding the older ones and wouldnt you know it my sons driver slipped and my little boys ankle is now broken
So this hasnt slowed him down at all other than his prefered mode of transportation is crawling .
So the next few weeks is going to be intersting in how to deal with it all
any suggestions of how to entertain them inside . Thanks

mtnaspen

Asked by mtnaspen at 2:04 PM on Jul. 6, 2009 in General Parenting

• Oh gosh! Poor little guy! And poor you! He seems to have your sunny disposition!

Computer games, reading to him, puzzles, he can sit at the table or counter and help make cookies, he can be pulled around outside in a wagon and can swing

Answer by Bmat at 2:12 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• no suggestions but I have a friend I have known for years and she has two sons.Every week she is in the ER for something and we now joke (her kids are 19 and 14) that she single handly built the new wing on the hospital. Good luck keeping him entertained. some kids just get all the luck! : )
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 2:52 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• Be careful!! They might call Social Services on you. I am not saying anything about your parenting at all. My son gets hurt a lot and because he is a boy and a friend warned me to be cautious.
    Anonymous

• Awe Poor guy1 My 18 month old broke her leg last night to! Craziness. Anyway I hope we are both able to find a way to cope with out little one's while they heal. It should be interresting.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:28 PM on Jul. 6, 2009