maternity leave help!

On June 25 I filed for my maternity leave to be taken from that point until September. I followed the steps my job told me to take as far as filing my FMLA claim. I recieved to paper work and my midwife told me to give it to her receptionist to fill out. Though my midwife is WONDERFUL her receptionist is the exact opposite. I have been seeing this doctor since about fourteen weeks (I changed doctors due to insurance) and she just now put it in the system that I have insurance!! I am afraid that she won't get my medical information back to the company in time and my claim will be denied. When I checked my claim today it said it was still pending because they still haven't received my medical information. My question is....if they deny my claim...will I lose my job?? What can I or should I do?? HELP!! I can't lose my job. If I lose my job I lose my insurance... :'(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:04 PM on Jul. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I would have faith! I think you'll be okay. And if not, hey, that receptionist should lose her job too! But really - I think you'll be fine.
    preggoandfat

Answer by preggoandfat at 2:08 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• Call your midwife and explain the WHOLE situation. Tell her that the clams office still has yet to receive your medical info and you on the verge of loosing your insurance.

judith_visco

Answer by judith_visco at 2:12 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• Call the doctors office, ask for the billing department, if you owe them any money tell them you won't be paying them until they get your paperwork filed. Yes this is legal, you will have to pay them what you owe but they need to do their part as well.
    finallyamom40

Answer by finallyamom40 at 2:14 PM on Jul. 6, 2009