IMPORTANT...please answer quickly

I'm about to leave and have yet to get this question answered. My 7 month old is going on his first plane ride and I know that there is a 3oz limit on carry on items. Well you know when you make a bottle you put water in first which could be 3oz but once you put the formula in, it's a little more. Will they say that it's too much? Should I just make four 2oz bottles so that he can get his one 7oz bottle for dinner on the plane?

ours

Asked by ours at 2:38 PM on Jul. 6, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Ummmm I thought this question was important? Take the formula on the plane with you, leave the water out, they have water on the plane. DUH
    Anonymous

• I think formula is different when it comes to ounces allowed...also you could bring powdered and use bottled water that they have on the plane..check with your airline
    tabi_cat1023

Answer by tabi_cat1023 at 2:41 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• That was VERY rude ANON :40. If you are using powdered formula that would be the best thing to do though, they usually have bottle water you could use to make a bottle for him.
    Anonymous

• As long as you put ALL liquids in a zip-lock bag and put it in a bin on it's own you'll be fine! I have traveled with my 10-month old 4 times now and each time there wasn't a problem! Some airports may pull you to the side and check you over or test the formula, but there shouldn't be a problem.

If you use Enfamil, they have the already made formula in little cans that work really well!

Also, you can always just get bottled water after you go through security. Not sure if your son likes his formula on the cooler side, but that could always work too!

Good luck!
    Anonymous

• Haha DUH is right. I've just been freaking out with what all to bring so that he's happy that I guess I wasn't thinking! So as long as it's just formula in a ziplock baggy it's cool to bring the full 7oz and just make it on the plane?
    ours

Answer by ours at 2:46 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• What was so rude about my answer? This questin was labeled important.....anyone knows that there is water on a plane! Even me, and I DONT fly.
    Anonymous

• I just figured that I wasn't allowed to have formula on the plane for some reason, so it'd have to be made and that would be a pain to have that many small bottles.

It was important to me. We're leaving very soon and it's nice to have a little help so that I can stop being so nervous about the whole experience.
    ours

Answer by ours at 2:50 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• I'm with the first anon. Take the stupid powder and get water on the plane. It's not rocket science.
    Anonymous

• That wasn't necessary to say at all. I'm sorry for even asking. I was just trying to make sure and of course as a first time mommy I'm a little freaked out about the whole experience so am probably not thinking all that clearly.

Well thanks to the moms who understood why I need this question answered. Wish us luck on our flight. :]
    ours

Answer by ours at 2:54 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• Well you have no reason to be so apologetic "ours". It can be really hectic getting things ready for a trip and you have many, many things on your mind I'm sure trying to be sure you aren't forgetting anything. This is obviously the first time you have traveled with your little guy and the regulations for some of those things are confusing. So, it's easy to not see the obvious in cases like this when you have so much going on.
    Anonymous