When do you start for #1's to #2's?

I am starting Chloe on #1's but just wondering when I will need to switch. so I dont overload on food.

MrsCrain0409

Asked by MrsCrain0409 at 2:41 PM on Jul. 6, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Are you talking about the stages of food?

We always just did stage 2. We did single ingredients until they had tried them all and just gave 1/2 jar until they were ready for more.

Much more cost effective, and the only difference is the size of the jar and the availability of combinations. There really isn't any reason for stage 1.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 2:48 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• It's all up to her, my DD stayed on 1's for a while, my DS switched within 2 weeks, it wasn't enough for him. Trust me they'll let you know when the food isn't enough, once you realize she's always hungry then you switch.
    VasquezFamily

Answer by VasquezFamily at 2:44 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• 5 months he was eating stage 1 with oatmeal cereal and then by 6 months he had gone up to stage 2 for all three meals.
    ours

Answer by ours at 2:48 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• I agree with the pp. I never did stage ones, we did stage 2s and only fed my dd half of it at first. If you notice your little ones appetite growing, switch it to stage twos and feed her until she lets you know that she is full. I know it can be overwhelming, but she'll let you know how much she needs. I also agree that it is more cost effective. Youre only paying a couple cents more for the stage twos. and honestly the only difference between the two is the size of the container. So you may want to consider switching just to put your mind at ease!
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 3:33 PM on Jul. 6, 2009