can u tell me how things went for u after the 1st couple weeks after getting an iud inserted?

im jut wondering how much bleeding is expected. does everyone bleed and how long? does it hurt.. do u like this form of birth control? can ur hubby tell its there?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:48 PM on Jul. 6, 2009 in Health

• I hate to be gross but I bled so bad it was literally dripping down my leg. I bled for 4 weeks. I was really crampy. My SO couldn't tell it was there after the bleeding stopped. I continued to cramp and bleed all the time. I had it taken out. I have friends who have it, who love it.
    Anonymous

• I bled for over 6 weeks, like a light period. It hurt going in because of the position of my cervix, but it was fast. I had to go back and have them move the strings because my hubby was being poked by them, they couldn't cut them because they were as short as they could be at that point. I had it in for a year...I had all sorts of symptoms that weren't listed like severe fatigue, moodiness, depression, no sex drive, nervousness...do a google search and you'll see some of those are common even though not listed. After having it removed I was back to normal after 2 weeks, so I know that was the cause. So I HATED it and will never get another one. I had the Merina (sp?), so maybe the copper one is different but I'll never take that chance to find out.
    Anonymous

• I had light spotting for about two weeks then nothing. I don't even get a period anymore. My husband cannot tell that it is there (I asked the dr to cut the strings really short, too), I have finally LOST weight, I feel so much better, I swear Mirena is a miracle drug, lol.
    Anonymous

• unfortunately no real way to know every one is different they do have them with and w out hormone's,that's cool so no hormone side effect's. if a man is large i'v heard they can feel the string possable,but i would not assume that to be a real answer on that one, honestly trial and error. best of luck have some one who has done a lot of them though,ya know doctor who has put them in a lot to b on safe side. good luck i enjoyed mine.
    Anonymous

• I felt 100% fine from the moment i left the Dr. office. I spotted lightly off and on for about 4 months though. Just enough to be annoying. I haven't had a period since. That was 2 yrs ago. I have Mirena. I LOVE it. Dh could feel the strings at first, they poked him, but they soften up after a while.
    Anonymous