Christians the live by the Bible. Do you believe in a infallible Bible

I don't care either way, I was reading another post. It seems to me small translations and minor differences wouldn't matter to much to those who believed in God. Really the bible is about the last thing I would say as to why I believe in God.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:57 PM on Jul. 6, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I do believe that the Bible is the infallible, inerrant Word of God.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 2:59 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• Really? It's supposed to be THE WORD OF GOD, and yet you say it's the last thing as to say why you believe?
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 3:01 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• The Bible is not the last thing that I would give as to why I believe in God. The Bible is God's word, even thought is has been rewritten many times. God created a new covenant when He sent Jesus to die for our sins. I try to live by the ten commandments and loving others. The hardest is to turn the othe cheek and love my enemies but it is the word of God. I respect and consider the Bible to be God's Holy word.
    army_wife2000

Answer by army_wife2000 at 3:11 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• The Bible is God's written word. Every word is God-breathed. It is infallible, without match,and is timeless,ageless,and limitless. God gave us His word through Apostles,Disciples, Prophets,and Jesus Himself.
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 3:12 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• An inanimate object like a book cannot be "infallible" since infallible means to be unable to make a mistake or teach an error and that requires an action. Inanimate objects cannot perform actions, so the bible is not infallible. However, I believe the bible is the inerrant Word of God - that everying asserted as true in the Bible is asserted by the Holy Spirit and when properly understood is true. The challenge is when humans try to interpret the bible - and they can make mistakes.

But most modern translations of the bible have used textual criticism to examine the thousands of copies of biblical texts we have to help ensure that the text we have today is a good reflection of the original texts.
    eringobrough

Answer by eringobrough at 3:23 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• the original texts & documents of the Bible i believe were God's words, but i dont believe that everything in the Bible today is perfect & w/o error. but that doesnt affect my beliefs in God b/c they are deeper than words collected into a book. my faith is not dependent on the Bible, i dont get my faith from the Bible.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 3:34 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• The words of God within the pages of the the original documents in the original languages are inerrant. The translations made by human beings that do their best to convey meanings from the Greek/Hebrew/Aramaic into English (or the language of whomever the reader is) fall short. I read in multiple translations and even the KJV does a good job despite it being difficult for some people to read. But you'll notice from translation to translation, some verses are left out, some footnotes admit there are variations substitutions and it appears that some translators really didn't know what to go with :-) It's important to pray for enlightenment of the Holy Spirit when reading as God's message can still transcend all of this.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 3:36 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• I don't believe the Bible as we know it know is infallible and inerrant...there are too many vagaries in translations.

But I don't need a Bible to believe in God. Never did. All I need are my own two eyes.

Answer by gdiamante at 4:21 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• The Bible is the very WORD of God. He breathed upon man (THE HOLY SPIRIT) and man wrote the Word. Every word is true and justified. When the scribes translated it later; every number and every letter was counted. The Lord has said' "for every messsage there is a witness. His Word does just that. The OT and the NT are witness to one another. Where there are 2 or more witnesses, let every word be established." And it is.
    Even if I never would have read the library of 66 books; I still would have served the ONE and ONLY Saving God. Jesus Christ.
    His word is our guide book. Isn't He wonderful for lining out the path for us? One that He had already traveled. Praise His name!!!
    bloodbought

Answer by bloodbought at 4:33 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

yea strange isn't. Now as how to live according to God the bible is guide book but as to WHY I BELIEVE that is because of small miracles I see every single day. In fact, I am not sure I would send someone to the bible if they are confused as to if there is or not a God.

Anonymous