I want to have a baby boy what my chances?

I want to have another baby we have 2 girls and a boy would be nice this round.

Asked by allysmom5 at 3:02 AM on Jun. 22, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I'm no expert, but I'd say your chances are 50/50.

Answer by lovinmystar at 3:24 AM on Jun. 22, 2008

• I have read a couple of theories about this...some experts believe that Boy spermy's are slower (go figure) than girl spermy's ...yes, the man's sperm determines the sex of the baby...To have a male child they recommend having intercourse Prior to ovulation and not to have relations again until after the time period has passed... The boys take awhile to get to the egg and the girls could out run them..for real. I think they aren't stopping and asking for directions. LOL You may want to check out these some research at the library or on line. good luck...hope the nursery is in Blue!

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 3:44 AM on Jun. 22, 2008

• you have a 50/50 chance.. its all based on which chromosome is being "used" Y-chromosome is a boy and x-chromosome is a girl..there is a way to like find the chromosomes and insert them into you or something but its like realllllyyy expensive and doesnt even guarantee lol.. so just be happy with which ever you get :)

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 4:35 AM on Jun. 22, 2008

• iv heard some old wives tales, like your have a boy if u dont "come" if ya do it will prob be a girl, well lol i dont no how true this is, but i have 2 boys n 2 girls i did with the girls, but dont remember with the boys, but i would have to say its gonna be 50/50, and its the sperm that will diside what they baby will be,

Answer by sammy04k at 10:30 AM on Jun. 22, 2008

• Your chances are 50/50 no matter what you may hear.

Answer by Blueberryplz at 12:51 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• look at the father's lineage. aive heard, and seen it to be true, that men carry the same birth patterns as their fathers, grandfathers, etc. For instance, if a man has 3 boys and one girl, odds are his son will produce three boys and one girl. Of course, if you're having more children than his parents or grandparents did, then you cant really use that theory

Answer by bvona at 1:02 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• Boy sperm swim FASTER but don't live as long, so you should try to have sex at the END of your ovulation cycle. Also, if your DH smokes and/or drinks, cutting down on those things will help keep the fast sperm mobile. None of this will guarantee you a boy, but it *could* help. Good luck!

Answer by crazysocks830 at 1:24 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• 50/50 like with any other pregnancy

Answer by Pauline3283 at 4:33 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• My DH father has two boys and we have a girl. So I'm sot sure what way to think. I know I am desprete for a boy this time cuz it'll be our last. I dont think we can afford more then two kids plus ourselfs. So I too am doing all my reascearch everywhere books and online but am open for advice! Thanks

Answer by Choppermom2 at 7:26 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• 50/50

Answer by Anonymous at 1:10 AM on Sep. 21, 2008