Why am I gaining so much weight at 3 months pregnant!?

beachwaves1979

Asked by beachwaves1979 at 3:20 PM on Jul. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Crap. That was me too. When I went to the doctor she told me to stop eating so much AND my so told her I'd been eating candies. He was so proud to tell on me!!! grrr.... Anyhow, I'm now at the end of my 2nd trimester and my weight stabilized and is on the normal path.

All bodies are different. Some of the "lucky" girls just can't hold anything down during the first trimester, and I think that is more common than not. Me, however, I ate more because of my upset stomach and fatigue.
    preggoandfat

Answer by preggoandfat at 3:25 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• I'm at 34 weeks and I think I've gained maybe 30 lbs already! I feel like I gained most of it right in the beginning, because when I found out I was pregnant I thought, "Oh, I can eat lots more now!" lol.... but I don't think it's so bad. I gained most of my weight in the beginning but then it's slowed WAYYY down throughout the rest of the pregnancy. And people tell me now that it just looks like I swallowed a basketball.
    Anonymous

• I am three and 1/2 months with twins and have gained 12 pounds because I eat like a sumo wrestler! I'm so hungry, I can hardly stop.
    MommyAddie

Answer by MommyAddie at 4:13 PM on Jul. 6, 2009