Will not exercising while pregnant hurt the baby?

I am 33 weeks pregnant and i dont exercise hardly at all and my roomate constantly keeps upset and depressed becuase he wont get a job and my husband wont make him leave he has been here for 3 months anyway can this depression and not exercising hurt my baby

newmom183

Asked by newmom183 at 3:26 PM on Jul. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I'd say if you were going to exercise it would have been better to start earlier. Now, I would say, do something simple like swimming if you can find a pool. And find somebody positive to be around.
    EmKirk

Answer by EmKirk at 3:30 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• As long as youre leading a healthy lifestyle then no. If youre not smoking and drinking, and youre eating properly then the baby is fine. Sometimes exercise actually can do more harm then good, espeically when a person over exerts themselves. Try keeping somewhat active. go for a walk everyday. Its something simple and easy to accomplish
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 3:29 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• Try going for walks during the day, take it slow not to fast, when I was stressed during my pregancies my DH made me walk and we would talk a little, but the fresh air and the blood flow from walking made me feel so much better. A little walk never hurts!!
    Anonymous

• keeping in shape makes it easier for your body to recover from having a baby.
    bettylou420

Answer by bettylou420 at 4:09 PM on Jul. 6, 2009