Threading?

Has anyone ever done this? If so, do you like it better than tweezing or waxing? How much does it cost? How long does it take? Any reviews or info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

gramsmom

Asked by gramsmom at 3:32 PM on Jul. 6, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• oh my god, i loooooooooove threading!!! and it DOES NOT hurt as much as waxing or tweezing..the only way it would hurt is if your eyebrows are very bushy..but getting it done every 3-4 weeks doesnt hurt at all..and in my opinion it lasts waay longer, and looks MUUUCH better!! here the prices are anywhere from $2 to $5. and it only takes like 3-4 minutes to do. i recommend it to everyone..me, my mom and my sis, and friends all get it done!!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 11:47 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• I had a friend I used to work with do it a couple times... she didnt charge anything, just did it for us as a favor.
    It HURTS. It hurts like a BITCH... the same/more than waxing or plucking. I mean, lets be honest.. you are ripping hair out, its going to hurt no matter what. It only took 5-10 minutes per eyebrow. Might take a professional less time, she was always really careful.

I dont like it better than tweezing. I wax monthly and pluck to maintain.. I wouldnt pay for threading, but it was nice getting it done for free. I would call around to some local places that do it and ask how much they charge, then ask if they can do just a small spot for free and see how you feel about it. You wont know until you try.. some people have a higher tolerance for pain.. but IMO it was exactly the same pain as waxing or plucking
    LuminousMom

Answer by LuminousMom at 8:02 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• Yes I have done Threading. only on my eye brows. i live in nevada so i dont pay much. About 10 every 3 weeks.
    lucylepe5

Answer by lucylepe5 at 8:42 PM on Jul. 6, 2009