Is a heat rash or food rash?

how can u tell the diffrence. my baby is 1 year old and she has little dots in her back
like sumtimes theres grown ups that u touch there arm on the side and has granitos i dont know how to say it in english its like little pinples lol help i have in apointment with her on thursday maybe u can help she only has it in her back on the top

Hyde3

Asked by Hyde3 at 3:32 PM on Jul. 6, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Food rashes on babies generally start around the mouth.
    They don't usually look like pimples either. :]
    It could be a heat rash or baby eczema.

Good luck to you!
    Anonymous

• It depends on when it shows up. If it shows up immediately after a meal theres a chance that it is a food allergy. I believe the pimple rashes are heat rash, but im not 100% sure. Just keep an eye on it when it shows up and pay attention to what youre feeding her just in case
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 3:35 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• If she has had her chicken pox vaccination, it could be chicken pox. First, it starts with a little rash. For example: a little rash on the back just under the collar of the shirt. Then, it produces little red bumps. It reminds me of when a child eats a food that they are allergic to. If it is chicken pox, those red bumps start creating blisters. They remind me of fire ant bites.

If it is a food allergy, those bumps kind of connect and look like honey comb. Or, they get hives.
    dustbunny

Answer by dustbunny at 2:24 AM on Jul. 7, 2009