Left Breast is sore

Okay I have an almost three month old daughter and we are breastfeeding. This morning I noticed that my left breast is sore to the touch. Usually if I wake up with a sore breast its because it's full and she needs to nurse on that side, but that isn't the case. The breast is well emptied and it's very sore to the touch. I've had a breast infection before but it isn't the same kind of pain. Any ideas??

loves_her_baby

Asked by loves_her_baby at 3:44 PM on Jul. 6, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• you need to go to a doc. even tho the pain might be diff, it can stll be an infection and that can be passed to your lil one. good luck.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 4:09 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• An infection in your breast cannot be passed onto your baby.
    However, if you are having pain(even if it's not like before) you might still want to treat it like mastitis. You have ducts all over your breast and a clog or infection in a different area might cause the pain to be a bit different.
    Contact your local La Leche League, one of the leaders can give you tips on how to treat a clog or mastitis. If it gets worse and you start running a temp at all you must see a doctor!
    Anonymous