I was watching Extreme Home makeover last night and I was wondering, does anyone know how the show really works?

Do the families still have to pay mortgages on the home or do they own them outright?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:45 PM on Jul. 6, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Some do have their mortgages paid but not all. I have only seen a few shows where it happened.

Anonymous

• i believe they have to pay the morgage. i've heard that some families couldn't afford the morgage afterward, so they ended up having to sell and move. not sure though
    Anonymous

• They still have to pay the mortgage, just on whatever they bought the house at, sometimes they pay the mortgage off for them but they announce that during the show if they don't then that means they still have to pay their mortgage. But their mortgage price doesn't go up.
    Anonymous

• my friend in high school had this done and her parents didnt have to pay the morgage. The show payed it for them. But i dont think they all work that way. Like anothe poster said they will say it on the show.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 3:49 PM on Jul. 6, 2009