Evangelical vs. Pentecostal. What's the difference?

I'm referring to the denominations of course. What are their differences in belief?

Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:51 PM on Jul. 6, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• belonging to or designating the Christian churches that emphasize the teachings and authority of the Scriptures, esp. of the New Testament, in opposition to the institutional authority of the church itself, and that stress as paramount the tenet that salvation is achieved by personal conversion to faith in the atonement of Christ.

This is the definition of evangelical. Its not a denomination but pentecostal is. Its kinda confusing because pentecostal people are evangelicals and so are other denominations that follow in line with the defnition. Also pentecostal churches can be nondenomination, church of God, assembly of God, ect, but still be considered pentecostal. I think theres so many groups and sub groups that it just gets overwhelming. I am not a fan of labels but I will say this....I was raised in the Church of God, we are of a pentecostal background and considered evangelical christians....I now attend a nondenom.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 8:11 AM on Jul. 11, 2009