OMG do they have to take blood every time you go into the doctor when your pregnant!?

Y!!!???

Alysia_Moore

Asked by Alysia_Moore at 3:58 PM on Jul. 6, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I only had it taken the first visit and for my glucose tests. They should really tell you what labs they are checking if they are sticking a needle in you. Very unprofessional if they are not.

asiamommi

Answer by asiamommi at 7:16 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• they didnt do that with me....are you a high risk pregnancy for something?
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 4:01 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• If I am they failed to mention that to me lol
    Alysia_Moore

Answer by Alysia_Moore at 4:02 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• with my first pregnancy i saw an ob, they took blood every time i had a visit! they even made my husband give a sample! with #2 and 3 i saw midwives. i had blood drawn maybe 4 times per pregnancy!

bettylou420

Answer by bettylou420 at 4:02 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• No. I only had blood taken once.
    happytexasCM

Answer by happytexasCM at 4:24 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• " betty...

with my first pregnancy i saw an ob, they took blood every time i had a visit! they even made my husband give a sample! with #2 and 3 i saw midwives. i had blood drawn maybe 4 times per pregnancy!
    "

I'm guessing they wanted to confirm your dh's RH to determine the necessity for Rhogam.
    happytexasCM

Answer by happytexasCM at 4:25 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• I've only had blood drawn twice. If you are over the age of 35 or are classified as a high risk pregnancy, then they might be drawing blood to keep abreast of issues that may occur (liver problems, etc). Other than that, I can't imagine a reason to draw blood that often, but if it worries you, perhaps you could ask your doc? I'm sure they won't mind explaining to you the reason why!
    Emuu

Answer by Emuu at 4:44 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• I had blood drawn twice..first as a normal check up of everything..which came out i was anemic, so the second time, it was to check if i still was anemic after I took iron pills for i dont know how long.
    youngmm

Answer by youngmm at 5:20 PM on Jul. 6, 2009