For those that have their daughter's ears pierced.

How old was she when they were pierced? Was it easy for you to care for or easy for her? Does she still enjoy wearing her earrings?

This is a question for mother's who have done this. This is not if you approve or not, if it's wrong or right as that is not what I am asking. This is not up for debate, just want to know from mothers who have done this. Thanks.

Christine0813

Asked by Christine0813 at 4:03 PM on Jul. 6, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• i wanted to get them done at 2 months, but ear piercing place wouldnt do it til she was 4 months..so..i went back when she was 4 months and got them done..she cried for maybe 5 seconds..and i think it was mostly just cuz there were 2 strange people surrounding her...she never got any infections, they healed perfectly..very easy to take care of..especially that young cuz they cant mess around with them..daughter is 5yrs old now and still has them, she actually told me she wants a second set..lol..so..who knows..maybe one day!!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 11:42 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• My neice was 2months..we got them done after her first shots. thats when the doc.said we could. Yea it was easy to care for them,we did it while she slept..And I don't know if she likes it,but she doesn't pull on them or even cry when we touch them so I guess so
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 4:06 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• All the little girls in my family have gotten them pierced when they were only months old. I stopped wearing earrings a long time ago. Jewelry was never my thing, but my little sister loves earrings and all my little cousins mostly do too. It just depends on the little girls personality :)
    firethearson

Answer by firethearson at 4:08 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• I got my oldest daughter's ears done when she was 2-3 months old. She didn't cry when they were peirced, but they became irritated and it took about 5 days for one side to get pulled out of her ear because it got caught on a blanket.
    I took the other one out and let it heal. Now I believe in not having them done until they want them done and can hold their heads up themselves and take care of them.
    I didn't have a good experience with it, although I know some moms who swear by it.
    Anonymous

• dd was 2 months (after she got her first shots) I took it harder then she did she cried for a min then I gave her her bottle and she went right to sleep, she still wears them most of the time but she's like me and allergic to fake earrings
    aubrees_mommie

Answer by aubrees_mommie at 8:01 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• My dd was 4 months old. She didnt cry at all and went to sleep right after. We used the neosporin with pain relief 2 times a day after we cleaned them for a few weeks. No problems.She wore earrings 24/7 for the first 4 years. She is now 10 yrs old and has not worn earrings for more than a few hours since she was about 6. The holes are still open.
    Anonymous

• my DD was six months old when we got hers done and was not hard to care for at all. she doesnt pick at them or anything and she is 15 mos old
    mommirose

Answer by mommirose at 1:57 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• 2nd grade. She had to be old enough to make the choice and take care of her ears herself.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:12 PM on Jul. 7, 2009