tip toe walking

I have read before that you should alert your child's doctor if they walk on their tiptoes. My son (21 months) walks normally, but just last week has started to walk on his tip toes every now and then. It seems like he only does it when he is bored or looking for something. I am thinking it is just a new trick, but then I remembered hearing that a tiptoe walker isn't a good thing. Is that just when they will ONLY walk on their tiptoes or what?!?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:12 PM on Jul. 6, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• It's only when they walk on them. My 5 year old still does that sometimes just because he's goofy and it's something different to do once in a while. At your son's age he's learning all sorts of new things his body can do and I'm sure that's all it is, as you say a new "trick".
    Anonymous

• It can be nothing or it can be a number of things. this site helps

http://www.babycenter.com/404_is-it-normal-that-my-toddler-walks-on-her-tiptoes_11648.bc
    firethearson

Answer by firethearson at 4:19 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• I wouldnt worry to much.. next appt just say something.. JB is 19m and still does it sometimes.. Doc told me not to worry about him walking till after he was 3yrs old, then they will have the full blown walking down..
    ArlieBeeMee

Answer by ArlieBeeMee at 4:23 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• My daaughter is toe walker, Its intermitent. She is diagnosed autistic for many other attributes.
    vsrillo

Answer by vsrillo at 4:41 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• My son will be 12 months tomorrow, and still tip toe walks a lot. I'm not worried about it, since he's not walking too much on his own yet. We've been having him wear shoes, and that cuts down on it..
    caiti

Answer by caiti at 7:14 PM on Jul. 6, 2009