• In the Spotlight:

How to break the ice?...:)

Ever since school closed for the summer my son has been bugging me to call his friend from school my son has his number, but was not allowed to give out our number at the time. How would I go about getting them together?
He was invited to the boy's b/day party but we went out of town.
I'd like to have the boy over but I have never met his mother or I would love to have him go over there but again I don't know these people.

So what can I do to break the ice?

Thanks Ladies!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:17 PM on Jul. 6, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Just call. As soon as you introduce yourself and your son she may know right away. If not you can say they go to school together. Invite her and her son over. While they are playing have coffee, tea or whatever to get to know each other.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 4:20 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• playdate at the park this up!!! you dont want him to go if you never seen there house.. I wouldnt, i say call for a playdate then do what you think is best..
    ArlieBeeMee

Answer by ArlieBeeMee at 4:25 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• Call, introduce yourself, and see if she wants to go to the park with the kids so you can meet each other.
    Guinhyvar

Answer by Guinhyvar at 7:09 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• I would just call the child's mother and introduced myself and take it from there.
    Yve538

Answer by Yve538 at 10:18 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• I would call and invite them to meet you at the park or something like that. That way you are meeting on nuetral ground, but the boys still get the chance to play. If you and the mom feel comfortable with each other, maybe next time you can start sending them to each other's houses.
    my2.5boys

Answer by my2.5boys at 11:22 AM on Jul. 7, 2009