can you get pregnant 3 or 4 days before your period?

hi, i was just wondering if its possible and if so, what the percentage is of getting pregnant 3 or 4 days before your period? and being so soon i would imagine you will still bleed, how much would you bleed? normally or would you spot?

Trinity32188

Asked by Trinity32188 at 4:19 PM on Jul. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• It depends on the length of your menstrual and ovulation cycle.

A 28-day cycle is considered to be the norm. With a 28-day cycle, assuming you have normal ovulation patterns too, you would ovulate 14 days after your last menstrual period, making your fertile days somewhere in that second week. If you had a normal 28-day cycle, the possibility of you getting pregnant 3 or 4 days before you period is due is VERY small.

Even if you had a normal 28-day cycle, you could still ovulate early or late, so its important to know the signs of ovulation for your body.

Its important to know your menstrual and ovulation cycle if you want to avoid pregnancy, especially if you're not using any kind of birth control or protection.
    .Peaches.

Answer by .Peaches. at 5:11 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• its less likely..but possible everyone is different.
    Anonymous

• You can technically get pregnant on ANY day.
    Teachermom01

Answer by Teachermom01 at 4:36 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• As the PP said, you can technically get pregnant at any point...even when you are on your period.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 4:41 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• I have no idea of the odds but yes, you can get pregnant any day of your cycle. Even during your period. It's just more likely to happen around ovulation... but it's never zero.

Will you bleed less? Again, every woman is different. Maybe. Maybe not. It would partly depend on where the embryo was at that point, had it implanted yet.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 4:49 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• You can get pregnant anytime! I've gotten pregnant during my period before. I don't think it matters soo much when you're ovulating. With my current one, it had to have been within days before my period because I took 3 home tests in 1 month and they came back negative, then 2 wks later I got a blood test that was positive. My last period was before thanksgiving and it didn't come back positive until after the new year! I'm not due until September! With my 1st daughter, we used protection all the time unless I had my period. And oops! We found out that method didn't work too well.
    tcarter1981

Answer by tcarter1981 at 6:05 PM on Jul. 6, 2009